A dear friend posted on her facebook page these super cute drawings from FreshGrads.Sg. I used the suggestions to fine-tune my half-day itinerary for Shibuya area. Not sure if I have time to explore Harajuku.
My Top 10 (listed not in order of priority):
- Have lunch or dinner at either Uoriki Kaisen Sushi at the basement of Tokyu Departmental Store or brave the queue at the famous Umegaoka Sushino Midori at Shibuya Mark City. [Eat]
- Buy a pack of Japanese tea-time snacks, Fukiyose, from Ginza Kikunoya at Shibuya Mark City. It comes with a limited edition Hachiko pin. [Shop]
- Take photos at Shibuya Crossing and Hachiko’s Statue. [Shoot]
- Snack on tori karaage at Kin-no-torikara while walking around Shibuya. [Eat]
- Visit the Disney Store that has a unique store front to get advance Disneyland and Sea tickets. [Shop]
- Visit the flagship Loft store. [Shop]
- Visit Maruara Watanabe for some souvenirs. Maybe get a kimono? [Shop]
- Try The Second Most Delicious Ice Cream Melon Bread in the World. A mouthful to say and I’m sure a mouthful to eat. [Eat]
- Coffee break at On The Corner Bear Pond No. 8. [Eat]
- Last but not least, croissant take-away from Boulangerie Patisserie Viron. One of the best places to have French pastries outside of France is Japan. [Eat]
Let’s see what my “10 things to do when in Shibuya” will turn out to be. Perhaps I’ll get my daughter to illustrate it after our trip.